Behavioral Health Advisory Committee (ACHB) Agenda
November 15, 2021 – 9:00 a.m.
Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC), John H. Winters Building, Public Hearing Room 125, First Floor
701 West 51st Street
Austin, Emission 78751
This meeting will be webcast. Members of the public can attend the meeting in person at the above address or access a live broadcast of the meeting at https://texashhsmeetings.org/HHSWebcast. Select the tab for the Winters Live Public Courtroom on the date and time for that meeting. Please send an email to [email protected] if you have any problem with the webcast feature.
This meeting will also take place by videoconference in accordance with the requirements of article 551.127 of the Government Code. The Board member presiding over the meeting will be physically present at the location specified above.
Participants wishing to provide public comment should see the Public comment heading below.
- Welcome, opening remarks and presentations
- Review of the minutes of the May 7, 2021 meeting (vote required)
- Consideration of August 6, 2021, draft meeting minutes (vote required)
- HHSC Updates
- Behavioral health services
- State-wide Mental Health Coordinating Office and Behavioral Health Coordinating Council
- Medico-legal services
- Examination of the annual report (vote required)
- Updates from the BHAC subcommittee
- Access to care and community involvement
- Behavioral health of children and youth
- Peer and Family Partner Services
- Policy and Rules
- Public comment
- Review of action items and agenda items for the next meeting
- Closing remarks
Public comment: HHSC welcomes public comments on the above topics. Members of the public who wish to provide public comment can choose from the following options:
- Oral comments provided virtually: Members of the public should register in advance to provide oral comments virtually during the meeting by completing a registration form for public comments at https://texashhsmeetings.org/BHAC_PCReg_Nov2021 no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 12, 2021. Please tick the correct box on the public comment registration form and indicate your name, either the organization you represent or speak to as a private citizen, and your direct phone number number. If you have completed the public comment sign-up form, you will receive an email the day before the meeting with instructions for providing virtual public comments. Public comments are limited to three minutes. Each speaker providing oral public comment virtually must ensure that their face is visible and their voice is audible to other participants as they speak. Each speaker should state their name and on whose behalf they are speaking (if applicable). If you register in advance to speak and wish to provide a document prior to the meeting, please submit an electronic copy in an accessible PDF format which will be distributed by HHS staff to BHAC members and government staff. Documents are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5 “by 11”, single side). Documents should be emailed to [email protected] immediately after pre-registration, but no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 12, 2021, and include the name of the person commenting. Do not include health information or other confidential information in your comments or documents. Staff will not read documents aloud during the meeting, but documents will be provided to BHAC members and government staff.
- Written comments: Members of the public can provide written public comments by completing a public comment registration form at https://texashhsmeetings.org/BHAC_PCReg_Nov2021. A member of the public who wishes to provide written public comments should email the comments to [email protected] no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 12, 2021. Please include your name and the organization you represent or who you speak as a private citizen. Written comments should be emailed to HHSC immediately after pre-registration and include the name of the person who will comment. Written comments are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5 “by 11”, one side only). Do not include health information or other confidential information in your comments. Staff will not read written comments aloud during the meeting, but comments will be provided to BHAC members and government staff.
- Oral comments provided in person at the meeting location: Members of the public can provide oral public comments during the in-person meeting at the meeting venue either by pre-registering using the form above, or without pre-registering by completing a form at the meeting location. entrance to the meeting room. Do not include health information or other confidential information in your comments.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of HHSC.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content or meeting arrangements should be directed to Danielle Kailing, Behavioral Health Advisory Committee Liaison, Office of Mental Health Coordination, 512-568-1361 or [email protected]
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required and there is no charge to attend this meeting.
Those wishing to attend the meeting and in need of technology or support services should contact Danielle Kailing at 512-568-1361 or [email protected] at least 72 hours before the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.