Human Identification Market to reach a value of USD 1.95 Billion by 2029 at a CAGR of 8.8%
The Global Human Identification Market the value is expected to be US$1.08 billion by the end of 2022, according to a new report from Future Market Insights (IMF). The market is further expected to exhibit a high CAGR of 8.8% during the forecast period, 2022-2029. A steady increase in the number of natural disasters and fatal road accidents strongly necessitates the demand for more effective forensic DNA technologies for human identification. This would remain an important factor responsible for the gradual growth of the human identification market.
Human identification technology has provided satisfactory results in most cases where there are no close relatives or criminal samples for comparison. Human identification plays a key role in the study of human sample data necessary for various applications such as molecular forensic analysis, paternity and kinship study, sexual assault investigations and many others. felony case.
Key Takeaways – Human Identification Market Research
- Legal issues such as the exploitation of privacy rights surrounding the collection of samples for comparison purposes from suspects have always been a delicate process.
- Nevertheless, with the introduction of the DNA phenotyping approach, sample collection has become easy without harming or exploiting dignity or integrity rights.
- The main advantage of DNA phenotyping is that it is more focused on obtaining genetic profiles from crime scene samples. Additionally, Externally Visible Features (EVC) are publicly available features and therefore would not involve privacy issues.
- Predicting EVCs can also be very useful in identifying missing persons and disaster victims when no ante-mortem specimens or next of kin exist for comparison.
- The increased worldwide attention for forensic identification technology has stimulated research studies, which may appear to be a promising factor for human identification.
- In July 2019, a study published in the American Academy of Forensic Sciences, which was carried out by the Forensic Science Center (USA) and Michigan State University (USA) showed the development of an ability to protein-based human identification from a single hair.
Over time, human identification has proven to be the most accurate and reliable, yet fastest technology for identifying crime suspects and unknown deceased persons for whom little or no data is available at comparison purposes. Advances in human identification technology will continue to positively influence the forensic science landscape, and human trafficking will be the next stage of growth.
Request a sample report:
Exploring the disruptive potential of the human identification market
A comprehensive view of the human identification market has led our analysts to conclude that the market is expected to grow at a notable rate, with a continued focus on innovation and product development associated with advancing healthcare systems and providing technologies to support forensic DNA testing for identification and collection of sample data used in human identification procedures. Furthermore, the report findings indicate that North America and Europe capture a major share of the overall human identification market revenue. This was attributed to the presence of accredited forensic laboratories such as the University of North Texas Center for Human Identification (UNTCHI), recognized as a world leader in forensic identification, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) of the United States. The latter provides support services for free forensic analysis to the FBI and local and state law enforcement agencies.
Want more information?
Human Identification Market, the latest new release from Future Market Insights, discusses the development of the human identification market from 2014 to 2018 and presents demand projections from 2022 to 2029 based on product type (instruments, software and data management, assay kits and cartridges, and other consumables), technology (polymerase chain reaction, short tandem repeats, microarray technology, capillary electrophoresis, next-generation sequencing, nucleic acid extraction and purification and rapid DNA analysis), applications (molecular forensic analysis, updated DNA database, paternity and kinship testing, investigation of crimes and sexual assaults, investigation of missing persons, identification of disaster victims, anthropological studies, cell lineage identification, population-based studies and genetic studies) and u end-users (forensic laboratories, law enforcement agencies, academic and research laboratories, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, contract research organizations, and others) in seven major regions.
Get in touch with our team to benefit from a flat rate discount of 20%:
Key segments of the human identification industry survey
Human Identification Market by Product:
- DNA collection systems
- Electrophoresis systems
- Rapid DNA analysis systems
- NGS Platforms
- DNA chip scanners
- Software and data management
- Analysis software
- Data interpretation
- Data storage
- Assay kits and cartridges
- DNA Sample Preparation and Extraction Kits
- DNA amplification kits
- DNA Quantitation Kits
- DNA rapid test cartridges
- Other consumables
Human Identification Market by Technology:
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
- Short tandem reps (STR)
- Microgrid Technology
- Capillary electrophoresis
- Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- Nucleic acid extraction and purification
- Rapid DNA Analysis
Human Identification Market by Application:
- Molecular forensic analysis
- DNA database update
- Paternity and parentage tests
- Crime and Sexual Assault Investigation
- Missing person investigation
- Identification of disaster victims
- Anthropology studies
- Cell line identification
- Population-based studies
- Genetic studies
Human Identification Market by End User:
- Forensic laboratories
- Law enforcement agencies
- Academic and research laboratories
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
- Contract research organizations
Human Identification Market by Region:
- North America Human Identification Market
- Latin America Human Identification Market
- European human identification market
- East Asia Human Identification Market
- Human Identification Market in South Asia and the Pacific
- Middle East and Africa (MEA) Human Identification Market
Browse the full report:
ABOUT FUTURE MARKET INSIGHTS, INC.
Future Market Insights, Inc. is an ESOMAR certified business consulting and market research firm, member of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce and headquartered in Delaware, USA. Recipient of the 2022 Clutch Leaders Award for high customer score (4.9/5), we have partnered with global companies on their business transformation journey and helped them realize their business ambitions. 80% of the Forbes 1000 largest companies are our clients. We serve global clients across all leading and niche market segments in all major industries.
Now enjoy flexible research subscriptions and access multiple research formats with downloadable data books, infographics, charts, an interactive data visualization playbook, and comprehensive reports via MarketNgageFuture Market Insights market intelligence engine. Register for a 7 day free trial!
Future Market Insights, Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware – 19713, USA
Such. : +1-845-579-5705
Requests: [email protected]